[petsc-users] Scatter context for MatMult

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 17 13:33:55 CDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM, John Fettig <john.fettig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this the role of MatGetGhosts?

That's the intent, but it looks like this function was only implemented for
MPIBAIJ.

The actual implementation of MatMult_MPI*AIJ is to start the scatter, apply
the diagonal block, finish the scatter, and apply the off-diagonal part.

Why do you want raw access?

If you really need, you can either use MatMPIAIJGetSeqAIJ() or just include
the private header.