[petsc-users] GAMG setup scalability

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:43:02 CDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Mark F. Adams <mark.adams at columbia.edu> wrote:
> John: could you perhaps test MatMatMult and MatMatTransposeMult so we could
> get some concrete numbers?

For MatMatTransposeMult I get this error:

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[0]PETSC ERROR: MatMatTransposeMult not supported for A of type mpiaij!
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development HG revision:
f9c6cac2d69c724a2258d4e0dc2f51b0825aa875  HG Date: Thu Aug 16 08:37:18
2012 -0700

For MatMatMult, my problem is not symmetric.  It doesn't look like
MatTranspose() followed by MatMatMult is a viable option.

John