[petsc-users] Composite shell preconditiner

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Aug 17 09:23:54 CDT 2012

On 17.08.2012 16:03, Jed Brown wrote:

> Fine, sounds like you are doing divergence cleaning for an
> incompatible spatial discretization. Since the change lies within the
> null space of the intended continuous operator, you should be okay.
> But note that this procedure is fragile and will have different effect
> with different Krylov methods and preconditioning sides.

Right.
Could you please explain what do you mean by fragile?

>     Looks a bit tricky. The number of fgmres iterations then defines
>     number of the cycles correction will be applied, doesn't it?
>

> Yes.

If I do this command line only setup:
-pc_type composite -pc_composite_type multiplicative -pc_composite_pcs
ksp,shell

How does petsc know what ShellPCApply routine to take? I guess I have to
specify this in the code anyway?

--
Regards,
Alexander