[petsc-users] Composite shell preconditiner

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Aug 17 08:36:23 CDT 2012

On 17.08.2012 15:30, Jed Brown wrote:

> Sorry, I misinterpreted what you want. PC_COMPOSITE_MULTIPLICATIVE
> re-evaluates the residual after applying the first stage of the
> preconditioner. Do you _really_ want to just apply one preconditioner
> after the next? You can use PC_COMPOSITE_SPECIAL, but read this man
> page and understand why your preconditioner has that form.
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/PC/PCCompositeType.html

Jed,

I've seen this, but I'm not sure is it fits me.

What I would like to do is very simple: every N iterations I want to
take current solution vector *x*_i from KSP and calculate:
where *c* is a correction vector. I want to be able to apply other
preconditioners in a usual way.

Is it possible?

--
Regards,