[petsc-users] MatMatSolve in sequential call

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 13 12:01:07 CDT 2012

Alexander :
I need a simple code from you to reproduce the error for debugging.

If mumps' solver is activated, then you should get error (sequential and
parallel)
[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[0]PETSC ERROR: MatMatSolve_MUMPS() is not implemented yet!

If petsc's direct solver is activated, then you should not be able to run
it in parallel.

Please check ~petsc/src/mat/examples/tests/ex125.c
to see if you used same calling procedure as this example.
Note: I fixed a bug in this example and patched petsc-3.3.
The update copy of ex125.c is attached for your convenience.

Hong