[petsc-users] Configure error

Fabio fabio.pinna.2006 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:02:47 CDT 2012

I solve the configure problem, I just post what I did for future reference.
I re-installed Win SDK 7.0 and MSVC 2008 Express.
I added the variable

LIB C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib\x86

to the system and user environmental variables.

I open a command prompt, I go to the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools

I run vsvars.bat.
After that I am able to compile with

cl test.cpp

the run the configure I do simply
 c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login
I go to my PETSc directory and I type in

PETSC_DIR=`pwd`; export PETSC_DIR
./configure --with-cc='win32fe cl' --with-fc=0 --download-f2cblaslapack

The configure run smooth and complete its job.
Unfortunately I have a problem with make now but I'll open another thread.
Thanky you very much for your assistance

Fabio