[petsc-users] Customizeing MatSetValuesBlocked(...)

Jinquan Zhong jzhong at scsolutions.com
Wed Aug 8 14:32:41 CDT 2012

Thanks, Jed.

So would you prefer to using MatCreateAIJ(…) or MatXAIJSetPreallocation(…)?  I am having trouble to fill out the parameters.  My local dense matrix is A(LDA, LDB). The global size of square matrix is N.  What would be the parameters to use them?

I used
MatCreateAIJ(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,  LDA,LDB,  N,N,  d_nz, d_nnz,o_nz,o_nnz, &A);
MatXAIJSetPreallocation(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, 1, d_nz, d_nnz,o_nz,o_nnz, &A);

However, I have trouble to figure out the values for d_nz, d_nnz,o_nz, o_nnz since the local A is a block consisting of several sub-blocks from ScaLAPACK.  I think MatCreateAIJ and MatXAIJSetPreallocation both take several rows together.

Do you think it is still doable to preallocate A using either function?

Jinquan