[petsc-users] AMS parallel usage

Gong Ding gdiso at ustc.edu
Mon Aug 6 09:36:13 CDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to use AMS as data communicator between computational code and user monitor. The AMS works well for serial situation, however, I don't know how to use it for parallel environment. The manual has little information, too.

I'd like to know some thing about data synchronization.
Does AMS process data synchronization in MPI environment automatically? Should I call AMS_Comm_publish on every MPI processor, and create memory with AMS_Memory_create for my variables on each processor?

If so, the accessor will see how many TCP/IP port? Or accessor only communicate with MPI processor 0 and processor 0 will broadcast the information to all the others?

If not, should I only create AMS object on processor 0, and processor 0 should broadcast what AMS get?

Gong Ding