[petsc-users] Configure error

Fabio fabio.pinna.2006 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 10:27:44 CDT 2012

Dear all,
I am new to petsc, and I've been struggling with it for the last days.

I want to install it on Windows 7, and first  I tried to install the
Microsoft MPI and then compiling the MPICH. They both seems ok but I
am not able to compile Petsc with any of them.
I am mostly interested to MPICH (for portability).
I used this script to configure

./config/configure.py PETSC_ARCH=win32-gnu  --with-fc=0
--download-f2cblaslapack=1
–with-mpi-dir=/cygdrive/d/Workspace/MPICH/mpich2-1.4.1p1

 and I've got this error,

                    UNABLE to EXECUTE BINARIES for config/configure.py
[Errno 16] Device or resource busy: 'conftest.exe'

This error seems to happen pretty randomly at differente places in the script.
Any idea to solve this problem?
Thank you all

Fabio