[petsc-users] The memory of GPU isn't enough for the matrix, can the matrix divide into several parts automatically?

Xiangze Zeng zengshixiangze at 163.com
Sat Aug 4 00:24:35 CDT 2012

Dear all,

When I use GPU to solve the equations, it appears the error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'thrust::system::detail::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc: out of memory

When the system is smaller, it doesn't appear this error. And I'm sure the memory is enough for the larger system, is it the memory of the GPU that leads to this error? The GPU I use is Nvidia Quadro 4000. The larger system is 3847957x3847957, with 109189295 non-0 elements.

And what can we do if the memory of the GPU isn't enough?

Thank you!
Sincerely,
Zeng Xiangze
--