[petsc-users] Question about reordering in ilu...

Kyungjoo Kim iamkyungjoo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:46:44 CDT 2012

Hello,

I am wondering if you do something like reordering (nested dissection or minimum degree) when you perform ilu.

I do experiments with one reordered by nested dissection and the other one is reordered opposite way.
(BTW, ilu does not do pivoting but isn't it possible to do pivot if petsc find out block matrices such like supernodes ? )

Somehow both behave in the same way. Do you internally reorder a matrix ? ( I could not find out any clue about this in reference manual)

Thank you.