[petsc-users] help needed for -snes_mf_operator

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 25 16:36:50 CDT 2012

   Dominik,

     The -snes_type test option    compares the full Jacobian you provide with one that PETSc computes to try to determine if your Jacobian is correct. Please run with this option and see what happens and send us result. It should print a few numbers and a statement of whether the Jacobian provided is correct or not.

    The option cannot be used with -snes_mf or -snes_mf_operator because the option -snes_type test is ONLY to test the computation of the Jacobin, it does not actually try to solve the system.

   Barry