[petsc-users] Implementation of Multilevel preconditioner

Abdul Hanan Sheikh hanangul12 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 10:22:36 CDT 2012

Hi users and developers,
Summer greetings from Delft.

For the system Au = f, I want to apply a multilevel preconditioner with a KSP (say FGMRES) . The preconditioner
reads as

Prec = C +  M^-1 (I - A*C) , where

	*  C reads coarse grid correction operator i.e. C =  P*A_2h\R  [ R  restriction, A_2h coarse operator, P interpolation]
	* M is say some sparse matrix (resembling to A)

What makes it multilevel is I have to approximate coarse operator "A_2h" with few KSP iterations preconditioned by the above defined
preconditioner "Prec" , but off course at the level 2h and hence at every coarse level until coarsest.

I only know, it can be implemented with PCMG. I am little afraid of DMMG.

Explanatory suggestions to customize PCMG for what is required are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

regards, Abdul