[petsc-users] scaling a parallel matrix

khalid ashraf khalid_eee at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 13:35:20 CDT 2011

Hi, I have a vector defined on a 3D DA of size ~1000X1000X30. I run the program on ~4000 processors.
After doing the calculations, print the vector in vtk format. I need to print about ~10 times at different time steps.
The printing takes about 3 hours. Is there a way to reduce the time required to print parallel vector printing.

I am trying to average over some blocks of grid points and represent the data with a smaller sized vector defined on a smaller 3D DA. One thing I am not clear is that how to get the same layout for the large and smaller DA, so that all the calculations are local when doing the averaging. Could you please provide any guidance ?

Thanks.

Khalid