[petsc-users] petsc-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 54

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 21 11:57:53 CDT 2011

Rongliang :

> I am using the petsc-3.1-p8 and I am trying to switch to the petsc-3.2.
> Is it very important to switch to the latest version?

Yes, very important. 3.1 is more than than two year old.
petsc-3.2 provides many
bugfixes, performance improvement and new solvers.
Your bug report was fixed in petsc-3.2.

Some of my friends are
> still using the petsc-3.0.
They are too lazy :-(
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/changes/32.html
when updating your code to the latest petsc.

> Can the latest version improve the program's performance?
Yes, absolutely.

Hong