[petsc-users] Jacobian of TS problem

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 19 20:41:25 CDT 2011

  Switch to petsc-3.2 it has a much improved set of ODE integraters

  The matrix generation (and its non-zero pattern) are handled in DMGetMatrix().

   To get access to the values of Jacobian at each Newton step provide your own custom monitor with SNESMonitorSet() then inside your custom monitor call SNESGetJacobian() and call MatView() on the retrieved matrix.

   Barry