[petsc-users] Reusing preconditionner values

fabien delalondre delalf at scorec.rpi.edu
Mon Sep 19 05:26:30 CDT 2011

Hi,

To maybe try to speed up my resolution, I would like to not compute the
values of the preconditionner at every time step, I was wondering if I could
do the following:
1) At a certain point in time, I ll use
KSPGetPC<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/KSP/KSPGetPC.html>
get the preconditionner
2) I would then use
KSPSetPC<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/KSP/KSPSetPC.html>
set the values of the preconditionner, assuming this will prevent the
calculation of the preconditionner values. Is it a correct assumption or
should I use a parameter to enforce not re-calculating the precontionner
values ? Note that I am using a GMRES solver with a block jacobi
preconditionner (superlu).

Thank you

Fabien

--
Fabien Delalondre, PhD.
Senior Research Associate, Scientific Computation Research Center (SCOREC).