[petsc-users] PETSc Error when writing a vector object to a binary file

Shrirang Abhyankar abhyshr at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Sep 7 21:43:17 CDT 2011

Use VecView(),
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Vec/VecView.html,
to write the vector to a binary file and then use PetscBinaryRead() in
Matlab

ierr = PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, filesol, FILE_MODE_WRITE,
&binviewersol) ; CHKERRQ(ierr) ;
ierr = VecView(b,binviewersol);CHKERRQ(ierr);

In Matlab,
b = PetscBinaryRead(binviewersol,'complex', true);

See the function PetscBinaryRead() in $PETSC_DIR/bin/matlab