[petsc-users] petsc-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 13

amrit poudel amrit_pou at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:44:39 CDT 2011

HI Sean,It is really not the question of "not believing you", it is just that I do not have any formal training in programming/parallel programming and hence my misconceptions. I am simply trying to clear up my doubts by asking questions to experts. Please bear with me and accept my apology if you find any of my questions ridiculously incorrect.

I found the following question in FAQ section of http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/documentation/faq.html#already-installed . I know that this is related to shared libraries, but it sounds as if "moving libraries around" may be an option. Again, I assure you that I 100% believe you. I am simply trying to understand what this question is referring to.

What
                  do
                  do if I want to move
                  my executable to a different machine?
            You would also need to have access to the shared
              libraries on this new machine. The other alternative is to
              build the
              exeutable without shared libraries by first deleting the
              shared
              libraries, and then creating the executable.

Thanks for all your help !