[petsc-users] compilation with mumps on Mac OS 10.6.8

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 6 22:21:52 CDT 2011

> p.s.
> I do not need to compile petsc for FORTRAN.

  Sadly you do because the packages MUMPS uses are all Fortran.

   So you will need a real Fortran compiler (perhaps gfortran) and you will also need --download-blacs and you cannot use --download-c-blas-lapack with scalapack.

   Note you can use SuperLU_Dist instead of MUMPS without a Fortran compiler.

   Barry