[petsc-users] PaStiX is not included in Cray's PETSc module

Xiangdong Liang xdliang at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:43:49 CDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I am trying to solve linear system with sparse-direct solver on Kraken
Cray XT5 system. As I tested on our own small cluster, PaStiX works
better than superlu_dist and mumps.

However, PaStix was not installed on Kraken, while superlu_dist and
mumps are installed as part of PETSc. I contact Kraken user support
and was told the PETSc library was built by Cray and specially
optimized for its structure. Do you happen to know the reason that
PaStiX was not included in Cray's PETSc module? Thanks.

Best,
Xiangdong