[petsc-users] Question about KSPSolve for multiple rhs

Bogdan Dita bogdan at lmn.pub.ro
Wed Oct 26 10:34:47 CDT 2011

   Hello,

   First of all I'm new to PETSc so please be pacient with me.
   I'm trying to solve 2 linear systems with the same A matrix using
superlu_dist, and so i'm using the same ksp context for both systems.
The matrix is a square matrix of 84719 with 351289 nonzero elements.
The time for the first call to KSPSolve is 66 sec and the second 0.14
sec. I was expecting some difference but not that big. Is this
difference normal for a linear system with two right hand sides? I
really think that I'm doing something wrong, but I even checked the
solution in Matlab and it seems fine to me.

Thanks,
Bogdan

Cosmin-Bogdan DITA, PhD Student

"Politehnica" University of Bucharest