[petsc-users] ERROR: Cannot pass default in for both input and output indices

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Sat Oct 22 16:56:17 CDT 2011

After upgrade to 3.2 I face the following error:

ERROR: VecScatterCreate() line 841 in
/home/dsz/pack/petsc-3.2-p3/src/vec/vec/utils/vscat.c Cannot pass
default in for both input and output indices

My code is:

VecScatterCreate(bv0, PETSC_NULL, bv0Seq, PETSC_NULL, &ctx);

According to the docu, there is nothing wrong passing PETSC_NULL for
both, it was also fine in 3.1. I find no mention of any changes here
in the 3.2 Changes documentation. What have I missed here?

Regards,
Dominik