[petsc-users] petsc4py: PetSc is no longer initialised when calling C Function from Cython

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 21 15:13:48 CDT 2011

Jeff-

We use SWIG in PyLith, which which uses PETSc and Sieve, and has
high-level code in Python and low-level code in C++. With typemaps from
numpy and just a very few of our own custom typemaps, we have wrapped
all of our objects and functions using stripped down C++ header files.
This has been much less work for us than using Pyrex or Cython. It
seamless handles pointers. The typemaps from numpy make it possible to
pass numpy arrays as C arrays (i.e., double*) with sizes with just one
extra line to specify which typemap to use.

Brad