[petsc-users] KSPMonitorSingularValue

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 20 10:35:13 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:29, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Klaij, Christiaan <C.Klaij at marin.nl>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all the answers!
>>
>> First, I would like to see something printed to stdout, right now I don't.
>> Assuming my KSPMonitorSet call is correct, could it be that I don't
>> see anything because I'm using FGMRES? Should I get a warning
>> when using this monitor with any other KSP beside CG and GMRES?
>>

> If you just want to see the monitor, why not use the command line or
> PetscOptionsSetValue()?

This is the code for setting up the monitor, you can call the part inside
the if statement yourself if you like.

    ierr = PetscOptionsString("-ksp_monitor_singular_value","Monitor
singular
values","KSPMonitorSet","stdout",monfilename,PETSC_MAX_PATH_LEN,&flg);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    if (flg) {
      ierr = KSPSetComputeSingularValues(ksp,PETSC_TRUE);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr =
PetscViewerASCIIOpen(((PetscObject)ksp)->comm,monfilename,&monviewer);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr =
KSPMonitorSet(ksp,KSPMonitorSingularValue,monviewer,(PetscErrorCode
(*)(void**))PetscViewerDestroy);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    }