[petsc-users] parallel vector of integers

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 17 16:03:26 CDT 2011

Vec seems to be meant for only real numbers. I need to have a parallel
vector containing integers. Most of them are indices, but some of them would
be arbitrary. Questions:

1) Is 'IS' supposed to be a parallel/distributed vector of indices? Syntax
to use it is very different from that of Vec. E.g. I see functions to query
global and local size, but can not find functions to specify them. How to
scatter/gather such objects? Scatter seems only for Vec's.

2) How about arbitrary parallel vectors of integers?

Many thanks for any pointers,
Dominik