[petsc-users] Distributed sparse matrix in in COO format

Hafedh BEN-HADJ-ALI hafedh.ben-hadj-ali at total.com
Fri Oct 14 01:57:05 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm a new user of PETSC and I would like to test different linear solvers on some normal equations derived from a least squares problem.

I have already a routine that build a sparse distributed (parallel ) matrix in coordinate COO format and would like to not change this part of matrix formation since it is a little bit complicated.
What is the simplest way to link with PETSC routines ? Is it possible to use the distributed matrix blocks in the COO format ? Is there any conversion routine to put the COO format in CSR format ? Is it possible to use "MatCreateMPIAIJWithArrays" in that case or is there any more appropriate format ?

Regards,
HB