[petsc-users] about linear solver convergence

behzad baghapour behzad.baghapour at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:20:01 CDT 2011

Thanks, I monitored the ksp but I found that " unpreconditioned resid norm"
and "true resid norm" are exactly the same. I can't understand while I set
Jacobian = Precondition matrix ?!!!

In addition, I am solving true Newton iterations and I saw that first
iteration is good (as I got from previous linear solvers) and the norm of
the matrix is what I expected BUT for the next nonlinear iteration, the
linear iterations can not converge to desired tolerance!!!

--