[petsc-users] Vec I/O using different parallel layout

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:31:49 CDT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible if I write a global vector
(associated with a certain 3D distributed array)  to file
via:

            ierr = PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PCW1, filename, FILE_MODE_WRITE,
&writer);
            ierr = VecView(vec_data, writer);
            ierr = PetscViewerDestroy(writer);

And then load the data into a global vector which is not created using the
same parallel layout?
A simple example for this case would be to write the runtime data (parallel
vector) to file and then just load the saved vector to do some simple SERIAL
post processing.

Thanks in advance,
Best
Mohamad