[petsc-users] VecSetValues

Robert Ellis Robert.Ellis at geosoft.com
Mon Oct 10 15:33:12 CDT 2011

Hello All,

I sometimes use VecSetValues ...

PetscErrorCode  VecSetValues(Vec x,PetscInt ni,const PetscInt ix[],const PetscScalar y[],InsertMode iora)

with PetscInt ix[] increasing uniformly, in steps of 1, from 0 to ni-1, which is also the full index range of Vec x.  I do this on every rank, then use ADD_VALUES to generate the full Vec x.

Is there a PetSc method to set values without specifying PetscInt ix[] explicitly in this simple case.  I'm trying to save the memory overhead of specifying ix[]on every rank.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,
Rob