[petsc-users] How to use ghost points to store updated data?

Li, Zhisong (lizs) lizs at mail.uc.edu
Fri Oct 7 01:29:02 CDT 2011

Hi, Petsc Team,

   From my knowledge of Petsc, in parallel data structure DA, the ghost points are only used for providing info from the existing stored data.  They are not used for storing updated data as this should be done by the neighboring local vectors.

  In my current case, the computation is performed solely in one local vector but the updated data points may be beyond the bound of this local vector (still within its ghost points' range).  So how to store these data from ghost points to global vector?  "DALocaltoGlobal" seems to ignore all values in ghost points for each local vector.

  Thank you very much.

   Regards,

   Zhisong Li