[petsc-users] DGMRES Right preconditioner

Gong Ding gdiso at ustc.edu
Tue Oct 4 21:47:30 CDT 2011

The order of the preconditioner is the problem.
I would like to use my own preconditioner i.e. M_D first, then the deflation preconditioner M.
That is solving
(A*M_D^-1*M^-1) (M M_D) x = b

M_D is a static preconditioner build from A (i.e ILU or some preconditioner based on domain decomposition). And M is the deflation preconditioner build from AM_D^-1.
Anyway, since M is a dynamic preconditioner built from GMRES Arnoldi process, it is easy to be constructed from AM_D^-1.
However build preconditioner such as ILU from AM^-1 is more difficult.

I think it is reasonable to change the order of preconditioner in DGMRES code. Or at least gives an option to do this.