[petsc-users] How to get Matrix from MatGetArray()

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Sun Oct 2 01:33:34 CDT 2011

| But here I need to test my designed matrix and know what PETSc brings out
in a dense format to check my procedure.

This sentence doesn't make any sense.  The matrix is the same whether it is
stored in a dense or sparse format, you can query individual values of the
matrix and find out whether they are nonzero very easily.  The only thing
that changes from a user perspective is the efficiency of the code.  If you
insist on interactively playing with a dense version of your matrix, I might
suggest that you look at storing the Matrix using the MATLAB viewer or
connecting to a MATLAB session.