[petsc-users] Simple question

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:47:26 CST 2011

Hi guys,

This is rather a simple question. For objects that have both sequential and
parallel versions (like Vec, Mat, etc), is there any benefit in directly
calling to the sequential version instead of calling to the generic version
(like VecCreateSeq instead of VecCreate) and running the code with 1 proc?
I've always thought that PETSc would directly call the appropriate function
at run time. Is this not the case?

I'm writing some wrappers for my code and i'm thinking if I need to
consider different classes for seq and parallel or if I could get away by
just working with the generic functions.

Thanks a lot,
Mohammad