[petsc-users] TS snes failure

Mike Sussman mmsussman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:21:13 CST 2011

Hello,

Recently I ran a very simple problem with a known solution using the DAE
form in TS.  When it got the wrong answer, I looked carefully at its
progress and discovered that the nonlinear (snes) solves were failing
because of my incorrect Jacobian.  BUT these failures were not reported
by TS, and there was no indication that the solution was suspect.

I tried setting -ts_max_snes_failures 1, but the calculation still
proceeded without halting.  Am I missing some setting?

I am using 3.2p5 from Fortran.