[petsc-users] Get Stuck in SNES

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 22 06:57:46 CST 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 03:19, behzad baghapour
<behzad.baghapour at gmail.com>wrote:

> OK. Here I think my jacobian or updating rule may not set properly.
>
> So, Is there any way to update the solution in Newton iteration "without"
> Linesearch or TrustZone. I mean the normal full update? x^(n+1) = x^n + dx
> ??

-snes_ls_type basic (or -snes_ls_type basicnonorms)

Alternatively, you can use -snes_ls_monitor to see what is happening in the
line search.

Perhaps your function is using data from the wrong place (e.g. using the
Vec stored in a user context/global instead of the one that is passed in)?