[petsc-users] questions

Ethan Coon ecoon at lanl.gov
Thu Nov 17 14:21:51 CST 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 13:35 -0600, xiaohl wrote:
> Hi Mike
>
>  I created the binary file from a ASCII file by C.
>  How could I create a file which I could use for petsc with DM routine?

There are a few ways to do this, but the easiest options are --

1. write a C program that creates a DM and a Vec, sets the values of the
Vec, and calls VecView (like the example you quoted does).

2. use matlab or python/numpy to generate arrays of the correct
size/type/order, and then save those arrays to Petsc Binary format using
the scripts in $PETSC_DIR/bin/matlab and $PETSC_DIR/bin/pythonscripts

Ethan

--
Ethan Coon

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~ecoon/