[petsc-users] configure error windows debug mode

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 15 08:10:01 CST 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> >> libfast in: /cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5/src/mat/impls/adj
> >> libfast in: /cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5/src/mat/impls/adj/mpi
> >> make[9]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> > This is a Windows filesystem problem. It has nothing to do with PETSc.
> >   make[9]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable
> >
> > It fails to create a process to compile the file. You can keep running make
> > until everything gets built. From looking at Google, there is no fix for
> > this
> > problem, other than abandoning Windows.
> >     Matt
>
> I wish I could... but it's not up to me. I work on linux, just trying
> to get a task off my desk. I am sitting on a virtual machine. Any idea
> if this might be somehow related to the problem?

Did you see my previous reply to this issue? Looks like instead of
trying this suggestion - you've assumed the problem was elsewere - and
attempted a complete rebuild.

Please invoke 'make' [with the correct PETSC_ARCH and PETSC_DIR] in
the appropriate 'source' dir - where-ever you see 'vfork' error - to
complete the build of those sources.

Satish

libfast in: /cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5/src/sys/plog/utils
make[8]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable
make[7]: [libfast] Error 2 (ignored)
<<<<<<<

Some error with windows filesystem access from cygwin. To recompile
these missing buildfiles - try:

cd /cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5/src/sys/plog/utils
make PETSC_DIR=/cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5 PETSC_ARCH=win64-test7 lib
cd /cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5
make PETSC_DIR=/cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5 PETSC_ARCH=win64-test7 test

Satish