[petsc-users] Solving with SNES

behzad baghapour behzad.baghapour at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 02:08:57 CST 2011

Dear developers,

I should pass a user-defined context, containing element and face local
data obtained from PDE solution, to RHS and Jacobian evaluation of SNES
process. Here I need to update my context each Newton Iteration. I may pass
my context into a monitor function set by SNESMonitorSet. In the monitor
function, I cast into my context and update my field (elements and faces)
for next evaluations in RHS and Jacobian routines in Newton process.

Please let me know, am I in right way?

Is there any better procedure in this matter?

Thanks, BB.