[petsc-users] Question about win32fe

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 11 10:16:59 CST 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> Which compiler options does win32fe use?
> In particular, /MD(d) or /MT(d)?
> How to see or eventually influence the choice?

Well its more of default CFLAGS to configure. We default to using /MT
to match MPICH default. This is because MS compiler enforces this on us.

If we mix object files compiled with multiple variants of these
options [i.e some code gets compiled with /MD - and some with /MT] -
then the linker gives errors.

If you need to change the defualts - you can tell configure to use the
appropriate variant via CFLAGS option [and similarly FFLAGS] - and
that should be picked up.

For cl defaults:
CFLAGS = -MT -wd4996
[debug]     COPTFLAGS = -Z7
[optimized] COPTFLAGS = -O2 -QxW

[similarly for CXXFLAGS/CXXOPTFLAGS and FFLAGS/FOPTFLAGS etc for icl,ifort, cvf90 etc.]

Satish