[petsc-users] Changed output of VecView in 3.2

Manfred Gratt manfred.gratt at uibk.ac.at
Thu Nov 10 06:14:03 CST 2011

Hello,

I am using petsc since 3.1 and upgraded my program to 3.2. I have now
the problem that the Vector output in ASCII has changed.
 From only a list of numbers to the name of process that had the data
and then the numbers. Like this:

Vector Object: 2 MPI processes
  type: mpi
Process [0]
0
0
0

Is there a option to change it back to only display numbers again?
I use this output only for a rough estimation if the solution is correct
and I don't want to rewrite the tool to check the correctness.
I use the viewer like this:

PetscViewer viewer;
PetscViewerASCIIOpen( PETSC_COMM_WORLD, solfname.c_str(), &viewer);
VecView( uT, viewer);
PetscViewerDestroy( &viewer);

Thanks
Manfred