[petsc-users] Solution update is not working in TS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 7 08:17:08 CST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 07:02, Konstantinos Kontzialis <ckontzialis at lycos.com
> wrote:

> which seems that my solution vector sys.gsv is not updated at every step,
> and moreover, when I print the solution ,I see the values got from the
> initial conditions.

Your monitor should use the Vec passed to it, not the Vec in your user
context. If you want access to the Vec at the beginning of the current
step, call TSGetSolution(). Depending on the algorithm (finishing
procedure), this may or may not be the same Vec that you passed to
TSSolve(), but the Vec you passed in should be updated when TSSolve()
returns.