[petsc-users] possible development on Windows?

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 7 04:30:15 CST 2011

Hi Dominik,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional. I still use only local debugging
(i.e. I run several MPI processes, but on the local machine), so I don't
need Windows HPC. Since I work with IFC, it is a bit tricky for me and
I'm not sure that you should follow same ugly way. What I do is to run
several processes with mpiexec in suspended mode, then attach to them
from VS Debugger and debug. With MPI Debugger installed you can easily
switch among several processes. Using C/C++ you better first try to
follow MS guidelines, e.g.:
http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/MPI-Cluster-Debugger-Launch-Integration-In-VS2010.aspx

Regards,
Alexander