[petsc-users] AMG for PETSc

Travis Austin austin at txcorp.com
Wed Mar 23 09:48:36 CDT 2011

Hi Mark,

AMG for complex systems is an active research area.  Neither Hypre or ML support directly solving the complex systems.  Both at this point would
require recasting the system as a real system but, at least for Hypre, building PETSc with HYPRE with complex turned on causes problems as you
cannot build Hypre with complex types.  We have been exploring hooking a real build of HYPRE into a complex build of PETSC but our progress lately
has stalled due to other commitments.  In any case, I'd suggest the reference comparing real equivalent versus complex.

MacLachlan and Oosterlee. Algebraic multigrid solvers for complex-valued matrices. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing (2008) vol. 30 (3) pp. 1548-1571

Travis

Travis Austin, Ph.D.
Tech-X Corporation
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A