[petsc-users] Building with MKL 10.3

Natarajan CS csnataraj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:24:19 CDT 2011

Hello Rob,
     Thanks for the update, this might be very valuable for other developers
out there!
I am still a little surprised by the performance of MKL, I use it for a
variety of problems and haven't come across a situation where performance
has been penalized! Maybe there are more experienced developers out here who
have seen otherwise. Have you tried ATLAS by any chance?

When the MPI performance is concerned, I wouldn't be very surprised if
intelMPI turns out to be faster than MPICH2. All this is of course fabric
dependent but has been as I said in my experience for a variety of problems.
Also, I think intelMPI is a customized version of MPICH2, so may not be a
big surprise there

 There are very experienced people in this forum who might be able to say
otherwise and give more accurate answers

Cheers,

C.S.N