[petsc-users] ASM for High-Order FEM

Travis Austin austin at txcorp.com
Mon Mar 14 15:41:12 CDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.  I saw a previous thread on this from Matt.

   If you want multiple blocks/process AND you want to be able to do RASM, then
   you need to specify both

    1) the overlapping blocks

    2) the non-overlapping parts

   You need 2), because I have no idea how to calculate 2) given only 1). We
   could have an alternative interface that
   took 2) and an overlap, and figured it out, however currently that only
   works for 1 block/process, and specfiying
   both 1) and 2) is more general (I needed it for a specific PC).

The overlapping blocks are global indices and the non-overlapping are local indices?  Is that right?

Thanks,
Travis

Travis Austin, Ph.D.
Tech-X Corporation