[petsc-users] MKL library - how to force static linking

Robert Ellis Robert.Ellis at geosoft.com
Wed Mar 9 12:15:46 CST 2011

Hi PETSc Experts,

Environment: Win, Cygwin, ifort, MKL to produce Win exes.

I'm using the MKL blas-lapack with the configure parameter  --with-blas-lapack-dir=/cygdrive/c/mkl/lib/intel64. The resultant executable requires MKL dlls to run, specifically fmpich2.dll, libiomp5md.dll, mkl_core.dll, mkl_intel_thread.dll, mpich2mpi.dll. Can I force a static PETSc  build using the MKL libraries? (BTW, using --download-f-blas-lapack produces a statically linked exe.)

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Rob