[petsc-users] how to write the symmetric matrix in PETSc binary matrix format directly

ning.an at ghiocel-tech.com ning.an at ghiocel-tech.com
Fri Mar 4 16:40:16 CST 2011

Hello There,

 I am new to PETSc and programming with FORTRAN. For the huge sparse matrix  (200,000x200,000 symmetric), it is so slow to set the matrix in PETSc by reading them in matrix market format, which is far beyond our patience. Therefore, I guess that it would be much  fast to load the huge matrix, if the matrix is in PETSc binary matrix format
 directly.

 Please help on how to write the symmetric matrix in PETSc binary matrix format directly?
 Both the guidance and examples are welcome.

Ning