[petsc-users] how to persist -ksp_monitor_draw

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 11:07:14 CST 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 10:59 AM, Umut Tabak wrote:

> On 03/01/2011 05:49 PM, Jed Brown wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 08:44, Umut Tabak <u.tabak at tudelft.nl> wrote:
>> I use the ksp_monitor_draw option for the residual history of the iterative solvers. However, I could not find how to persist the figure on my screen, it just flashes and disappears.
>>
>> -draw_pause SEC will leave it on the screen for SEC seconds. Use negative SEC to leave it on the screen indefinitely.
>>
> I guess there is a problem with my X11 settings or I am using that in a wrong way, if I use
>
> ./ex1 -ksp_type minres -ksp_monitor_draw -draw_pause -1
>
> I get the empty figure hanging on the screen. After clicking with the mouse on the figure, the history advances at each mouse click, is not this strange?

   It is suppose to advance at each mouse click. But it is odd that before the first click it is "empty". Is it possible that it has just plotted the first iteration and is not truly "empty"?
Note that the -ksp_monitor_draw draws the plot at EACH iteration, it does not wait for all the iterations and then draw one plot at the end.

   Barry