[petsc-users] PCDiagonalScale

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Tue Mar 1 02:28:12 CST 2011

Barry,

I do not want to use it for the reason given in the manual.

Instead I'm trying to use SIMPLE as a preconditioner for a colocated, cell-centered FV discretization of the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. I'm using a matfree approach for the matrix and the (right) preconditioner. I would like to scale the system as D A M D^{-1} z = D b but I get the feeling that PCDiagonalScaleSet with GCR doesn't do anything.

How about Jed's comment:

"GCR also tolerates a variable preconditioner and it does not have such a check. I don't know if that means it can use diagonal scaling or just that someone forgot to check, but you could try it."

Is it just that the check is missing for GCR so that it doesn't apply diagonal scaling and doesn't tell me?

Chris

Message: 3